It is never too late to do what you love. A few years ago I thought that the internet was saturated with money-saving websites and cooking blogs, so I didn’t start one. I thought that there were enough of something else, so I didn’t go there. I was wrong, what I was seeing was just the tip of the iceberg. There would be more websites and more blogs to come. In fact there are still many people starting blogs and new businesses with websites. Little did I know that I should have gone with my gut feeling.
My error here was that I was looking at others to determine my destiny/path. I compared my decisions with decisions that others had already made. I assumed that no one would want to read what I had to offer when they had someone else’s offerings. I judged myself and I should not have done that.
I once told my daughter that she should try out for a spot on her school’s show choir. She told me that she didn’t want to put herself out there because she was not as good as the other singers. “Let the judge be the judge of that” I told her. Don’t judge yourself because you are not the judge, they are. So she tried out and got in! I should have taken my own advice concerning my blog, website and ideas.
Here are 5 reasons how you can know that you are on to something BIG
and should go for it.
- You have a flood of ideas and can’t stop thinking about it. You get business fireworks happening in your brain. Your heart is in this all the way. You would be willing to make sacrifices to see this fly.
- No one else is doing quite like you would do it. Although not every business needs to be a one-of-a kind. There is nothing new under the sun, so we are all just re-packaging things all the time. Taking one old idea and re-imagining it.
- Does it fill a need? Does it fill your personal need? If you have experienced a lack of something and your idea is filling that void, then it’s a good idea.
- Other people have said “hey, you should bottle that, or you should start that business/service.” With many counselors there is victory.
- It is easy to explain. You can share your idea/business with your neighbor and she gets it!. You can come up with a short sentence describing what you are doing/making/offering. Boom!
So if you have answered yes to many of these questions then you have something going on here. Find out what you need to launch this baby and don’t let anyone tell you differently. You let the world be the judge, it’s your job to put it out into the world.
Please consider following this blog by clicking on the follow button on the top of this page. Thanks and have a great day.