Beach Condo Packing List

Hi Everyone! This post has been moved to my new website at CorineSandifer.com.

Please click here to read the post. Thanks for visiting.

Advertisements

30 thoughts on “Beach Condo Packing List

1. Ramona says:

I always write out our menu and how much is needed for a h meal. For example if we are have omelets with ham and cheese it would say 6 eggs, 1cup of diced ham and 1 cup of shredded cheese. That would be for 3 of us. My son has food allergies so we always pack our food from home. We have even checked a bag of frozen food & non red righted food from Dallas to St Thomas. It works out perfectly. The only thing we had to buy once we got to St. Thomas was milk, bread and fresh veggies. I ways precook HB meat and breakfast sausage, and then refreeze. It makes breakfast and spaghetti so quick!! Awesome list you have!

• Ramona says:

We usually go to St. Thomas every summer. This year we will be there for 2 weeks. Our son has major food allergies, so I have ALWAYS packed our food and checked it thru the airlines. We take 1 bag of frozen food and 1 bag of dry food. We only have to pickup our fresh veggies, Milk, eggs and bread. This summer we will be packing Taco meat, Buffalo Chicken for lettuce wraps, Thai Beef Lettuce wraps, Sausage for breakfast burritos, Steak (will cook on grill) and Beef Fajita Meat for Tacos. I will precook everything and have it in Vacuum sealer bags, enough for 1 meal. This way we will only take out of the freezer what we need for that day and heat it up on the stove-top when we return for the day. We will bring bagels from Costco for breakfast bagel sandwiches. I basically will have each of the dinner meals 3 times. The condo we will have this time does not have an oven, only top burners. This way I know exactly what my son will be eating, no surprise oils or nuts, etc… that he is allergic to. We will have sandwiches for lunches with pasta salad if we are out and about, and our resort has outside grills so we will also do hamburgers and hot dogs for lunches. I am sure we will eat out, probably just once for lunch and order pizza for our first night since we get in late. Happy Traveling!!

• Ramona,
        What a great plan. Thank you for sharing it with us. I love the Thai beef for lettuce wraps meal. Have a wonderful vacation this year!! Don’t forget to view my youtube video for more tips on packing for your vacation. – Corine Beach Packing video

2. DJ says:

These are great reminders. My family spent 2 weeks in an Aspen condo last summer and we are going again this summer. This year I plan to bring my crockpot so we can come back from our afternoon adventures to a completed dinner. I’m also going to bring some staples from home, like frozen quick breads for breakfasts, basic seasonings, olive oil, tea bags, sandwich bags & tinfoil.

We travel a lot with our now 3-year-old and I try to keep our eating similar to our eating habits at home. This can mean stocking a hotel room with cereal, yogurt & milk, getting lunch from a supermarket salad bar (toddler approved carrot sticks, hard boiled eggs, crackers) and even buying a rotisserie chicken for a picnic dinner. This keeps restaurants an enjoyable treat for all of us. Daily restaurant eating with a small child gets old (not to mention pricey) quickly.

• Thank you DJ. Yes, you’ve got the idea with tinfoil and seasonings, Love it. I also love the idea of using a crockpot on your CO vacation and having dinner ready after a long day of fun with the family. A two week vacation sounds so dreamy, and in Aspen no less. Last year we had lasagna cooking in the condo oven (that I made & brought from home) while we grab a few more minutes on the beach. I paired it with some raw veggies I had packed and it was so yummy and easy. Have a great vacation this year.

3. Sherry says:

This is great. I’ve been trying to remember what we brought last time and this really helped to remind me. Thanks!

4. Jennifer Rucker says:

This is so great. If we head out on vacation this year I will keep these all in mind.
    I have one question though, how do you keep these items frozen until you reach your destination? We drive about 8-10 hours for vacation when we go.

• Jennifer, thank you so much for your comment and pin. lol I assumed you pinned it, but truth be told I haven’t checked yet. I freeze them in quart size freezer bags and take them in a cooler. They stay frozen for our 8-10 hour drive to the beach. I hope that answers your question. Please check back next month because I am going to post a video as I pack my food this year. Hope you have a wonderful vacation this year. Thanks again. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Erica says:

this is great!!! Hubby and I are renting a condo on the beach instead of a hotel and these suggestions are perfect.

6. Christina says:

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I have been looking for! Staying at a condo next week at the beach and this is perfect! I’m stressing about everything I have to pack but the plastic tub idea is great!

7. Lisa Sessa says:

We travel to the same beach condo every year with our adult daughter who has multiple disabilities. We have to bring a ton of stuff. I keep a small notebook from year to year and on our way home, I note the things that worked – and didn’t work – for us. I have found that bringing an outlet strip is great since we can keep all our electronics corralled together while charging. We also bring a plastic tablecloth which helps with cleanup.

• Lisa, bringing an outlet strip is a fabulous idea. I will add that to my list and the plastic table cloth. Our condo has a glass table top, so that tablecloth will come in handy. I try to keep a list myself from year to year. This year we really needed a headlamp. They are inexpensive and I hope to get one for everyone next year. Thanks so much for pinning and sharing. Have a great vacation this year.

• Lisa Sessa says:

Another good thing is a nightlight. It keeps us from stumbling around in the dark in an unfamiliar place. I too use a tub for kitchen supplies and I keep dish towels, plastic cups, and other items in it year round and restock before we go. Right now, I have pulled chicken barbecue in the crockpot. When it’s done, it will go in the freezer in a zip lock bag. First night’s dinner is done!

• Yes! Lisa I love that first night dinner that’s ready to go. We do lasagna, that’s made ahead and popped in the oven while we are down at the beach. Love having my toes in the sand while my dinner is baking. Have a great vacation this year!

8. HEATHER says:

One important item for me for a condo beach vacation is, believe it or not, THE CROCKPOT. When you come in at noon for lunch, you throw something in it and when you come back at 5 itโ€™s ready. Some vegetable and a quick salad and dinner is ready. You can even be late getting back.

• Love this. Our condo that we rent has a crock pot and I love that. I usually throw in some chicken breasts and red enchilada sauce for some chicken tacos or burritos. All fixins get chopped by the whole family before dinner. Heather, have a great vacation this year.

9. Sundi Hayes says:

This year will be our first trip to the beach and all three of our boys are teens. I’m packing our 6 qt instant pot because my husband says he wants sea food every night and doesn’t want to eat out. (He loves to cook.) I’ll either use the IP for shrimp boil or sides when he grills or broils. We are picking up our first batch of shrimp about 45 minutes from the rental and will cook as soon as we arrive for dinner. This list was very helpful! I’ve pinned it and the clothes list too. (Our trip isn’t until late July and I hate to wish my summer away…but come on vacation!)

10. Lynne says:

Love this list! We haven’t been in years and this time our kids are bringing friends, so I really needed a refresher. I use a crockpot at home and freeze meals, but never thought about doing it on vacation! Once we get there we use frozen water bottles as ‘cold packs’ for our lunch in the cooler that goes to the beach with us. Can’t wait to subscribe to podcast ๐Ÿ™‚

• I love the frozen water for ice pack idea too. Follow me on Instagram and let me know how your vacation went and what freezer meals you took to the beach. Thanks for listening to Rising Stories Podcast.

11. Leslie says:

Not sure if you’ve posted this before, but I have used a list similar to this since 2013. Imagine my HORROR when I couldn’t find the list this year that I have modified over the last 5 years for my baseball playing family! So glad to find this one!!